Saturday, August 15, 2009

wiki to me

I love wikipedia. I know you have to read it with an open mind, and check the information before you take it is factual. But it is often a good starting place to learn about something and even learn unsual things about a certain topic, which might not be anywhere else you are going to look, are or able to look.
I like the table of contents on the page. I utilize the live links to explore the subject at hand even further. The references at the bottom of the page can be very useful. The statistics given are very helpful. I did a search for tattoo. I am having my birthday and thinking of getting a tattoo. I learned things about tats that I was not aware of. I have had a tattoo for 15 years.
The layout of the information makes it easy to read and the pages easily navigated. I love the see-also section, it gave me other terms I had not thought of to explore and read about.

We have used wetpaint to wiki-ify our reference manual, so I was just recently trained on it and think it's going to be very useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment