Friday, August 14, 2009

Pause for a moment of reflection

My favorite thing was the image generators. I mean, I LOVE my facebook, youtube, google, flickr, and delicious, but I had used them all before and image generators were new to me, and being sorta artsy, I loved being able to combine my artistic flare and favorite poems into a single piece of art that I created very easily and free. I had to make myself stop!

My least favorite was LibWorm. I will cut it some slack for two reasons, it is still in beta form and it is not something which interests me like many of the other things did. I didn't find it very interesting and didn't think I would use it very much, BUT never say never, right?

I found LibWorm somewhat challenging because some of the results I retrieved weren't things I would read. I enjoyed them all though and I don't hate libworm, I look forward to the stage following beta. :)

I learned about the history of facebook in the assigned article. I learned about Digg, which I have enjoyed since doing that thing. I learned image generators, which were fun, creative, useful at work and my favorite thing of all. I learned more about Google docs, which I knew some about, but now have a better understanding and stronger desire to utilize that option.

We already use so many of these in our library and I am very proud to say that. As new things appear on the horizon we have staff innovative enough to scope it out and share their knowledge with the rest of the library and our patrons. I plan to use Google docs more, I plan to use Digg, and will use delicious more than I have been. I will use taggin more than I had been and I also learned how to keep a blog and make an entry somewhat regularly. I have been attempting that for awhile. The learning, sharing, writing was really great and I am so happy I signed up and even more happy that I will complete it in time. Two days before my birthday, my luau is tomorrow, maybe I will win the prize...a birthday girl can dream, right?

THANKS!!!!!!
I truly learned a lot and think this is one of the most useful things I have done in years. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment