Monday, August 10, 2009

That thing, that thing...that LibraryThing

This is another site that I love. Every month I make a feeble attempt at scoring an early reviewer's book from the list...and every month I get an email saying I didn't, try again. So even at my busiest I visit LibraryThing at least once a month.

I have many of my home-library books in there, but not even close to all! I just added 4 more that I had forgotten to add earlier.

I have a free LibraryThing account, so not all features are open for me, but the features that are open are very cool. I love looking at other's posts and new books coming out, and books I have missed. I enjoy the recommendations and featured authors sections too. Being in an academic library I miss some books that would be in a public library, so having suggestions on this site is great. It is a very multifaceted site with many wonderful features and functions.

The various blogs and groups are very cool and fun, I have yet to join any, all of my other social networking keeps me busy. But I was just on LibraryThing this morning prior to seeing it on the list, so I can definitely see why it is one of our 23 things!

I am:
swiftees
on the LibraryThing website.
THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment