Friday, August 14, 2009

Pick a Podcast

The audio on most of the podcasts I listened to was pretty good, there were a couple that just weren't as high quality sound, but I have no doubts that could be my laptop.

I enjoyed Librarygeek. The cast about LibraryThing was interesting. Also, I noticed JJ Hill Reference had their own channel. I receive a weekly email from them, and their casts are educational and have some seminars on there which also look very useful.

So, yes, there are more than a few in just the few library pages I searched which I would subscribe to. I want to do some more searching on things of interest so that I might listen to them on my mp3 player as I workout or do art, or as I drive.

We do use podcasts to provide instructional sessions to students and speakers who come to campus. Instructors use them to teach sections of homework. I think they, along with youtube, have the potential to very useful in reaching the generation of young adults who've grown up in this age of mp3 players and computers and Internet. Again, reaching them where they are and how they like to be reached...and above all options of how. Which mean a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment