Thursday, July 16, 2009

#10 - NING NING NING

This was an interesting excercise and I apparently I was part of ning already because when I went to the page it pulled up my info...I had my facebook opened at the same time, so I don't know if it pulled it off my facebook info, because the photo it showed of me is the same as my facebook profile photo.
So I logged in and went to adding! I added a "cat lovers" group, the "foodtube" group, a bird watching group, a Celtic friends group. Altogether I am now a group member of 5 groups and very interested to see what comes of my group choices, what each group offers, etc.

In a forum of the "Celtic Friends Network" they are conversing about a "Celtic Symbols Encyclopedia", which I would love to look at. The foodtube.net group looks SO AWESOME...all kinds of ethnic food recipes, videos, etc...I have been majorly expanding my food horizons the last year or so...and with these videos and all I can learn even more! I am stoked about using this at home. In the foodtube forum there is a FREE SAMPLES thread which looks gooooood...free starbucks ice cream bars...HECK-TO-THE-YES!!!!

I look forward to exploring these even further and participating in the groups I joined and finding more. Possibly some in our area.

The issue I had with joining the groups is that each time I joined I would have to fill out yet another profile, email, password, etc...that got old. I wish there would have been a way to just use a blanket profile instead of writing one for each group. But they were brief, and I kind of see why they do it, but it looks like they could find a way to improve that some.

Not my fav thing...but I don't hate it either! :)

1 comment: